Back in the old days, the only way to meet someone new was to introduce yourself to them at a bar, or maybe at a party with some friends. The online dating scene changed all that—and made it completely different for guys.
The problem is that the free flirting tips for men that typically find their ways onto the net aren’t really that good for online dating. If you want to make the most of your online dating, here’s what you need to know about what you can do to make online dating safer for everyone involved.
Why Don’t Old Free Flirting Tips For Men Work?
When you’re meeting someone in person, you don’t have to worry about having the right profile pictures. As long as you look somewhat okay and have a decent personality, it’s easy enough to strike up a chat. The problem most men find is that online dating tends to be very looks-based.
Most of the old school dating tips you’re reading only worked if you were on a blind date, or if you were picking up someone at a bar. After all, you can’t exactly maintain eye contact through a picture!
With the new emphasis on looks, a lot of men tend to come to a logical conclusion that all women are shallow. This isn’t always the case! It’s often a matter of women wanting to feel safe when talking to men.
While it’s frustrating, women have the task of having to vet their potential dates by seeing what’s written on their profile and their photos. A picture is worth a thousand words, and coming off as non-aggressive works well. As a result, you’re better off reading subtle flirting tips for men.
Why Are Girls So Difficult To Reach Online?
There’s a tendency among men to feel like online dating just involves a lot of chats that don’t go anywhere. This is actually fairly true. A lot of online dating will be composed of you hitting dead ends. However, it’s a numbers game for multiple reasons.
Girls tend to get a lot more attention online than guys do, which means they get more messages. So, sometimes, it’s just a matter of not being able to stand out among the masses. For guys, this means making a profile dazzle.
Other times, it’s a matter of girls being guarded. Most women worry about sexual assault, being used, or just running into men that don’t have their best intentions in mind. You might not be a bad guy, but they don’t know that. Letting them dictate the pace of your chatting is a smart idea.
Why Do Girls Ghost Me?
Ghosting seems to be the new “it” way to break things off, especially when you’re still in the first stages of chatting each other up. Truth be told, it’s a hurtful behavior that doesn’t always make you feel very confident in your dating skills.
There’s no real way to know what makes a girl ghost a guy. It could be that she found someone else. It could be that she just lost interest. Or, it could be something you said or something she noticed about you that she didn’t like. You’ll never know because she won’t tell you.
One thing you can say, though, is that it’s not a personal affront towards you. It just means that she doesn’t see you that way. Everyone has different preferences, you just have to find the one that fits you.
Subtle Dating Tips For Men New To Online Dating
Want to get ahead in online dating, but don’t know how to get started? These subtler dating tips will help you tone things down and also make yourself more attractive to potential dates:
- Don’t complain or be negative when you’re writing your profile. Think of it like a marketing plan. You want to make you into your own product to market. You wouldn’t advertise a car while listing all the things people don’t like about it, so don’t advertise yourself that way, either.
- Do get photos that are attractive and appealing. The idea you want to give women is that you’re offering them a lifestyle as well as a relationship. Show them what you do for fun, get clear pictures, and be genuine about who you are. Getting professional shots taken can help!
- Ask for her number after three chats. You don’t want to jump straight to the number talk, nor do you want to jump to sexual talk immediately. You want to show her that you’re interested in her, not just what you can get from her.
- Focus on building trust and rapport. Every other guy out there is going to be telling the girl that she’s hot and that he wants to bone her. Rather than say that, try to make it a conversation that sounds like what you’d say to a girl in person. It’s a lot more trust-enhancing.
- Don’t bother with girls who ghost. It’s normal to get hurt or want to say something after you’re rejected. Trust us when we say that girls don’t like rejecting men either. It’s important to realize that people don’t always match up, and that it’s fine. Arguing with a girl over what she wants isn’t going to make you feel better!
- Meet up in a public place first. Trying to pressure girls to go to your place immediately isn’t exactly attractive. If anything, it makes girls feel unsafe.
- Don’t try to convince her that you’re a nice guy. You know that, but saying that isn’t going to mean anything to a girl. Girls hear that all the time. It’s going to be your actions that show her your character—and that includes how you behave even if she decides it’s not working out.
Be Your Best You, And Know What You Want
One of the hardest things for both men and women is realizing that you need to be a catch in order to have a catch. In other words, if you work towards being more emotionally and physically attractive, you’ll eventually get the kind of partner that you want to get.
Improving yourself and learning more about the online dating scene isn’t just an overnight thing. It’s a journey. The more you improve yourself, the more likely it is that you’ll find someone who wants to be with you for the long-term or short-term.